Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Mets Trade Jay Bruce To Indians

The New York Mets have traded RF Jay Bruce to the Cleveland Indians for minor league relief pitcher Ryder Ryan. In addition to acquiring Bruce, the Indians will be taking on all of Bruce's remaining salary of $3.7 million. Ryan was a 30th round pick out of the University of North Carolina for the Tribe in last year's draft. He has thrown 41.1 innings for the Indians Single-A Affiliate and had a 4.79 ERA, a strikeout rate of 10.7 K/9 and a walk rate of 3.7 BB/9.

I'm not surprised Bruce was traded, but I was hoping for a better return. I still hope he is brought back in the off season. I'm not sure why teams are reluctant to trade for him when he has almost thirty homers. I do understand where Sandy Alderson is coming from and that he is trying to rebuild the bullpen with young arms. Hopefully Ryan will become a key part of the Mets bullpen in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment