Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thank You, Derek Jeter

This may seem like a crazy title for a post on a Mets Blog, but, Derek Jeter has played a huge role in my life, and the lives of many baseball fans in this country. For one, Jeter is the greatest shortstop I've ever seen play the game. His instincts are spot on, and in his prime, his glove was purely gold. Jeter was never a 30 HR guy, but he didn't have to be. In a lineup loaded with sluggers, Jeter set the table. If I can just blur out the fact that Derek Jeter is the captain of the "other" New York team I love to hate, I can respect all that Derek has done in the game of baseball. A true class act indeed. March 2014 begins Derek's farewell tour, and like Mariano Rivera's, it will be emotional for Yankees fans. For me, I'll sit back and watch as, hopefully, his teams misses the playoffs....again! So long Jeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment